Few weeks ago I was at a lake in Bavaria called Eibsee. As perfect as it is, I reached at the perfectly wrong time. Cloudy, 11 am and hungry :). So the pictures were largely lifeless like the one below. By the way we are going to talk about Lightroom here and not the trip to Eibsee
PP Starts 🙂
Enter the power of Lightroom when an image is shot in RAW format. Here are a few tricks I used:
- Gradient filter with purple tint for the grey sky
- Same duplicated filter, but will less saturation on the water.
- Radial filter on the mountains with clarity adjustments.
- Adjustment brush to give feeling of morning light on the mountains.
- All above combinations in various places wherever needed to make the image look more vibrant
- A lot of patience
I am not 100% satisfied with the image but I think this a good first try, and an example of how one can work with a RAW image.
What is your opinion? Do you think this type of post processing works?
I learned these tricks by watching videos from Serge Ramelli . Go through his videos. Its quiet amazing that he puts them out on Youtube for free. Sometimes they can be a bit too much but overall they are awesome.
If you reached till here then you are probably interested in the topic. Do you think I should make some more posts like this? Tell me in the comments below.